Funding Diversity 2021
We’re examining the data to see what funding for diverse leadership can tell us about the private sector’s response to calls for diversity and inclusion. We’ll also explore key features of the cultural trends and policy shifts that affect diversity in leadership.
What you can learn from this report:
- Top 50 private companies with diverse leadership
- Highlights of the 10 highest valued companies from our list
- A spotlight list of VCs representing diverse leadership in their ranks
2021 was a milestone year of growth overall for diverse leaders and diversity in VC investors. The report showcases 2021’s unicorns founded by diverse leaders, including all-in-one business neobank Brex, database collaboration tool Airtable, agricultural technology company Indigo AG, and workforce skills enhancement platform Guild Education among many others in automotive/transportation, fintech, consumer products/retail, technology, and HR/compliance.
Additional highlights include:
- 2.9% % of total funding was raised by women, up from 2.3% in 2020.
- Black-founded companies more than doubled overall funding from $1BN in 2020 to $2.2BN in 2021.
- $5.8BN of total funding was raised by Asian-founded companies.
- $1.6BN of total funding was raised by Latinx-founded companies.
Want to read the full formatted report? Email email@example.com for your copy.
For press inquiries and further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.