July 31, 2012 2:45pm EST – Cloud content management company, Box (PrivCo Private Company Ticker: BOXNTP), has just raised a $125 round led by General Atlantic, with participation from new investor Social+Capital Partnership.
- Round Values Box at $1.325 Billion (post-money valuation), or $1.2 Billion pre-money valuation.
- According to PrivCo calculations, $1.325 Billion valuation is 49x Box's 2011 revenue.
- Latest round DOUBLES Box's valuation in just 9 months, from its previous raise in October 2011, when it was valued at $650 million according to PrivCo data.
- Box joins PrivCo's "Billion Dollar Club" including Spotify (PrivCo Ticker: SPOTFYP) (Last funding round valuation: $1 Billion), Fanatics (PrivCo Ticker: BOXNTP) ($1.5 Billion), Pinterest (PrivCo Ticker: PINTP) ($1.5 Billion), Evernote (PrivCo Ticker: EVERP) ($1 Billion), Workday (PrivCo Ticker: WORKP) ($2 Billion), Dropbox (PrivCo Ticker: DROPBP) ($4 Billion), Twitter (PrivCo Ticker: TWEETP) ($8 Billion), Square (PrivCo Ticker: SQUAP) ($3.2 Billion), Gilt Groupe (PrivCo Ticker: GILTP) ($1 Billion) and AirBnb (PrivCo Ticker: AIRBP) ($3-4 Billion).
- "Box's latest round demonstrates that rapidly growing companies with strong revenue models can continue to raise private capital at high valuations," said PrivCo CEO Sam Hamadeh in a statement Tuesday.
Key BOX Private Company Data (Source: PrivCo):
Business: Secure Content Sharing Platform
Founded by: Aaron Levie and Dylan Smith
2011 Revenue: $27 Million
Total Funding Raised to Date: $284.2 Million