- #1 Ranked M&A Law Firm Kirkland & Ellis Tells PrivCo: "Kirkland is honored to be recognized as the top law firm for private technology company M&A deals in 2012 [by PrivCo]....reflective of our substantial experience and deep relationships in the sector."
- #3 Ranked Jones Day Tells PrivCo: "We are delighted to see our name among the leaders on [PrivCo's] list "driven by our "commitment to the technology industry and emerging companies."
- #12 Ranked Foley & Lardner Tells PrivCo: "[We] offer clients a combination of world class intellectual property, regulatory and M&A capabilities....for both buyers and sellers of tech businesses."
- #18 Ranked Clifford Chance Tells PrivCo: "We're pleased to be recognized by PrivCo as one of the leading firms advising on private technology company M&A transactions...the technology sector continues to be a fundamental driver of both U.S. domestic and cross-border M&A."
February 13, 2012 12:00 pm ET - PrivCo reveals its Exclusive Top 20 Ranking of the most sought out M&A Law Firms for Private Tech M&A deals in 2012. Topping the list as the #1 Law Firm in private tech M&A deals was Chicago-based international law firm Kirkland & Ellis. Ranked just behind Kirkland Ellis were Weil, Gotshal & Manges (Ranked #2) & Jones Day (Ranked #3).
A Kirkland & Ellis spokesperson remarked:"Kirkland is honored to be recognized as the top law firm for private technology company M&A deals in 2012 [by PrivCo], a rating reflective of our substantial experience and deep relationships in the sector."
Top 20 Law Firms For Private Technology M&A Acquisitions In 2012: PrivCo Rankings
(Ranked By Number Of Private Tech Company Acquisitions Firm Advised On)
|Rank||Law Firm||Advisory History|
"We are delighted to see our name among the leaders on [PrivCo's Top Private Tech M&A Law Firms] list. Our appearance is driven by having great clients, our global platform and our commitment to the technology industry and emerging companies," Daniel Mitz, the Silicon Valley based Jones Day M&A Partner, told PrivCo. Miltz is also the Regional Coordinator for Jones Day's California transactions practice.
Foley & Lardner's spokesperson Ashley Hutchinson remarked: "Foley & Lardner LLP offers clients a combination of world class intellectual property, regulatory and mergers and acquisitions capabilities...Foley seeks to maximize value and manage risk for both buyers and sellers of tech businesses."
These rankings are all part of PrivCo's Annual Private Tech Company M&A Research Report: "The Top 100 Acquirers Of U.S. Private Tech Companies In 2012". This comprehensive, 350-plus page report not only includes key financial metrics on the 100 most active buyers of private tech companies, but also includes important industry summarizing analytics such as: Top Tech Sectors For Acquisitions, Top Investment Banks & Law Firms Sought Out For Tech M&A, Top U.S. Metro Areas For Both M&A Targets & Buyers, and even hard to find data on topics like the usage of "Acq-Hires".
- The Top 100 Most Active Acquirers of Private Tech Companies of 2012
- The Most Active Tech Sectors in 2012 M&A
- The Top Financial Advisors For Private Tech M&A of 2012
- The Top M&A Law Firm Advisors for Private Tech M&A of 2012
- The Top 10 Cities for Target Private Company Acquired in 2012
- The Top 10 Most Active Private Equity Firm Acquirers of Private Tech Companies in 2012
- Average M&A Deal-Multiples For Key Tech Sectors, From Internet to Software
- Which Acquirers Paid the Highest Deal-Multiples and Prices for Private Tech Companies
- The Top Most Active Acquirers of Venture-Backed Private Tech Companies in 2012
(Essential reading and reference for: Investment Bankers, Corporate Law Firms, Venture Capital Firms, Private Equity Firms, Accounting Firms, M&A Advisors, Business Brokers, Market Research Firms, Tech Industry Analysts, Competitive Intelligence Professionals, Fairness Opinion Issuers, and Business Valuation/Appraisal Professionals)