The PrivCo Team is obsessed with financial data on private companies. We hold a high value for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of our research and are relentlessly in pursuit of valuable private company business and financial information. PrivCo delivers in-depth and timely business intelligence, not even comparable to basic company contact information available for purchase from other companies and an assortment of business-list providers using automated web spiders. The PrivCo Team searches, gathers, reaches out, and makes sense of critical private company business and financial information.
A Step Beyond: PrivCo’s Sleuthing
Beyond intelligent financial research, PrivCo seeks out the next steps: we speak to people with inside tips and we sleuth for otherwise impossible to get private financial data, org charts, financial statements, and corporate memos. Whenever possible, these internal documents are displayed in PrivCo Reports or are incorporated as Exhibits.
If you have a tip or available documents, please send them to email@example.com.
PrivCo Quality Assurance Process
Scope of Private Company Coverage
PrivCo focuses its coverage on U.S. Major Private Companies (MPCs). Generally, MPCs generate at least $50-100 million in annual revenues (many of our private companies covered by PrivCo generate $500 million to $10 billion per year in sales!) We also provide financial research coverage on what PrivCo considers to be smaller but high-value private companies through the following characteristics:
- Significant Growth
- Significant M&A Activity
- Significant Media Attention
- Notable Financial Backing
- Other PrivCo Team Factors
- Billable Hour Firms—In many cases, PrivCo does not cover professional services firms or partnerships. Although many law firms, accounting firms, medical practices, and hedge funds would technically be grouped among the largest private firms in the United States, they are billable hour firms that annually distribute profits-a characteristic not typical of major corporations.
- Companies With Ownership Restrictions—At this point, PrivCo does not cover professional partnerships or firms whereof which only licensed professionals can hold an ownership stake in the company.
- For instance, in the U.S., only licensed lawyers can hold a profitable stake in a law firm. While PrivCo may include coverage on a law firm in reference to the firm's relationship with a particular deal or firm, we will not cover the firm as a private company.
The Extensive Private Company Financial Data PrivCo Provides
- Private Company Financials—Revenue, sales growth rates, total employee size, ownership structure and more
- Private Company Bankruptcy & Restructurings—Major Private Company (MPC) bankruptcy court filings, bankruptcy exits, restructurings and more
- Private Company Prior Public Stock Market History—Dates the private company had been publicly traded in the past, date taken private, IPO attempts (including withdrawals and cancellations) and more
- Private Company Comparables—Comparable private companies, competitors, and more
- PrivCo Proprietary Industry Classifications—PrivCo’s own proprietary PrivCo Industry Classification System (PICS™), with more than 2,000 sub-industries updated to reflect emerging industries not found in any other industry classification system, from clean energy to biotech to social media, mobile technology and more
- PrivCo Private Company Ticker Symbols—For the first time, major private companies have been assigned their own proprietary 4 to 7 letter PrivCo Private Ticker Symbols
- Advanced Private Company Searches—PrivCo offers the most advanced private company search anywhere online. Search results can be customized to be based on company revenue, M&A activity, VC or funding activity, whether private-equity backed or independent, whether in distress (undergoing bankruptcy or restructuring), filed or failed IPO activity, and more
Do you need instant single-user access to PrivCo?
Upgrade to a PrivCo Premium Subscription (Currently 50% Off Until May. 31!) For firm-wide access, please contact us at +1 (212) 645-1686 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org